In preparation for the tour, a new photo of the house was taken. Looking at it I can see all that we have accomplished over the past 3 years. I thought you might like to see how much has changed.
- Scraped and painted the whole exterior (ok, I have one window in the back of the house to paint, but the frame requires a little rebuild work, so it's still red. Seriously, though: who paints their house red white and blue?)
- Removed all of the aluminum flashing, repaired and in some places replaced missing wood trim in as original fashion as possible (2 spots still hold onto the flashing, but I'll remove those soon.)
- Pulled out, repaired, and painted the porch lattice panels (right, the one in front isn't back in place in this photo. It's in the garage awaiting some final touches.)
- Yanked out all of the overgrown sad shrubbery all around the house.
- Planted rose and perennial gardens, and installed a Japanese tea garden.
- Put a whole new roof on the day after we moved in.
- New gutters, too
- That's a new porch light, too.
- Replaced a broken cement walk way with a spiffy brick one (the bricks were courtesy of the back yard where a brick garden bed edge was found under layers of soil and weed fabric. In some places the bricks were 3-deep.)
- Those urns were installed 2 summers ago.
- Chimneys cleaned and repaired. Some new caps were added to thwart off water infiltration.
And those were just the big things on the outside. Can't wait for a look back next spring. Here's the before and after photos, cause, admit it, we all love these things:
|How sad this Google Maps photo is.|